Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Crazy Healthy Cilantro Lime Dressing


I have been wanting to create a homemade version of Cilantro Lime Dressing since I sampled some at Trader Joe's a few weeks ago.  When I searched for a recipe though, everything I found contained a lot of oil or mayonnaise .. not things I want in my dressing.  So, I started from scratch, trying to figure out how to get a tangy, creamy dressing using only ingredients that I love and feel good about.

This one is a winner.  It gets creaminess from soy milk and avocado, green goodness from cilantro and kale, and an extra boost of omega-3's and fiber from the chia seeds. My 14-month old baby actually ate this whole bowl of it with a spoon as soon as it was ready!  There are not many salad dressings I would let her eat like that, but I think this one is okay.

Crazy Healthy Cilantro Lime Dressing
1 1/2 cups soy milk
1/2 avocado
1/3 to 1/2 bunch cilantro sprigs (stems and leaves)
1 leaf kale
Juice of 1 lime
2-3 cloves garlic
1-2 TBS chia seeds
Sea salt and pepper to taste


Add all ingredients to blender in the order listed.  In a Blendtec, select "Dressings" or blend in other blender.


Feel free to adjust the seasonings to fit your personal tastes.  Serve it as a salad dressing, put it on tacos in place of sour cream, use it to dip your veggies, or eat it by the spoonful...the possibilities are endless.

I put mine is this handy squirt bottle, then it's easy to dress your salad, even decorate a plate!


We had romaine lettuce, black beans, avocado, and roma tomatoes with this dressing for dinner.  Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get widget